Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never-ending fight :)

4 posters

Go down

Never-ending fight :) Empty Never-ending fight :)

Post by @ubrey B. Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Writing Final

::Thump::thump:: There I was. Feeling like a prisoner behind cold iron bars; no other option but to just sit there- captive audience to another’s noise. ::Thump::thump:: It seemed to drone on, and on, never ending; always lasting. It was a very familiar sound. The neighbor boys playing basketball.
I covered my head with my pillow, and mumbled a phrase- something about "11:00 at night being way to late for basketball;" when suddenly, a mothers voice called from the house across the street, and the thumping ceased. Silence. Well- not quite silence. I put my pillow back in it’s place and closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I just laid there, now perfectly content having nothing more to do then simply be the single audience to a cricket’s sad song. I just listened; took in every note- as the melancholy tune played on. High and low the song differed, all the while the creator concentrating on communicating his sorrows to the crisp night air. But then… it happened- the sound faded. It disappeared under the blanket of another tune…it had started to rain.

The rain fell all around me. It beat down on my face. My bare feet sunk into the muddied forest floor, dodging trees and ferns as I ran. It was a clear night, as usual, yet it was dark- the only light was the beam of the brilliant moon shining through the acres of trees I was leaving behind.
A streak of light flashed behind one of the trees to my right-…it hadn’t given up.
I took a deep breath and ran faster. I had been running for hours- I felt as if my heart beat any harder it would simply leap out of my chest. After a few more minutes of sprinting, I stopped to catch my breath. I put both my muddied hands on my left rib-cage and bent over, desperately trying to ease the manic pain in my side. I just sat there for a few minutes, wishing for something I knew was impossible.
Finally, even over the sound of my labored breathing- I heard the rustle of a bush. And with that; I took a deep breath and continued to run; desperately hoping for even one more minute in my present state.
Suddenly, I ran into something. I brought my hands up in front of me- a wall. A vine-covered brick wall stood in the way of my escape. I continued to feel around the wall, and soon came to the conclusion that I had no chance of being able to climb over, even considering the vines completely covering the barricade. I ran along the length of it, desperately hoping to find a hole to squeeze through, or better; an end the giant obstruction. Yet, even as I frantically searched for a way to free myself from my follower, I knew I would never escape. No matter how many hundreds of times I had tried to evade it’s grasp. I had ever been successful. My time was drawing near.
Last time, I had barley made it to this brick wall when my captor had reached me. But this time, if I could just find a clue to an escape route: A missing brick, something climbable…almost anything would do. Something that I could use as a starting point in my next journey.
…Just then, I reached my goal. My goal of finding a route over the barrier. There it was; simple as that: A tree. A tree with limbs stretching over the vine-covered wall. I scanned the dark forest in front of me…it seemed to stretch for miles in all directions. Either way, I didn’t see any sign of my follower…even though I knew, without a doubt, it was watching me right at that moment. But I had to take that chance.
I darted towards the tree, and jumped into the air and grabbing one of the lower limbs above me. Going as fast as I could, I swung my legs onto another limp and hoisted myself up.
Suddenly, from behind a neighboring tree came a brilliant white light. Accompanying the beam was a familiar whirlwind…the same whirlwind that defeated me on my every journey. I gripped the tree with all my might, hoping to be able to withstand the it’s strength. But it was no use. Finally, a great gust of wind came from my left and knocked my out of the tree. I hit the floor with a painful *thud* and, upon contact with the ground, lost all sufficient air in my lungs. Then and there, I knew it was over.
The wind continued to rage. And the light was getting brighter. I rolled over onto my stomach and covered my head with my hands…and I knew; once again, it was time.

::Thump::thump:: My eyes flew open. ::Thump::thump:: Another basketball game.
I glanced at the white light streaming through my window, lighting up my bedroom. And I knew- no matter how many hundreds of times I had tried to evade it’s grasp. No matter how many brick walls. No matter how many attempts at escaping it…I had never been successful. Morning had found me again.

Last edited by @ubrey B. on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
@ubrey B.
@ubrey B.
Admin

Female Number of posts : 478
Hobbies : whatever hits me momentarity :)
Humor : I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick :)
Nickname : Pooky
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Isaiah 6:8
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://www.teens4god.sosblog.com/

Back to top Go down

Never-ending fight :) Empty Re: Never-ending fight :)

Post by Sonia J. Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Nice job! heheh...was that a dream you really had or something?Razz Wink
Sonia J.
Sonia J.

Female Number of posts : 705
Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.
Nickname : Sony, Sonia Bear, others that I don't care to mention....
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment Philippians 2:3 Smile
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Uh, no. I had to write an 800-1000 word story for writing class, and so here is my 900 word version. Smile
@ubrey B.
@ubrey B.
Admin

Humor : I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia J. Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm

wow. very creative.lol
Sonia J.
Sonia J.

Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm

haha, Smile me like of.
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:20 pm

ok, so do you understand what it was that was chasing her? i didn't know if i was clear enough...?
@ubrey B.
@ubrey B.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 pm

I do. Smile ...I think.
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia J. Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm

I think so...?
Smile

Last edited by Sonia J. on Sat May 01, 2010 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Sonia J.
Sonia J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail G. Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Ahhahahh! I can so relate! That's great, Aubrey! Wink
Abigail G.
Abigail G.

Female Number of posts : 468
Hobbies : E-mail, songwriting, guitar, making cards
Humor : Small sign I saw posted on a street light pole: 'MEET LOCAL SINGLES!!! Easy: stand near others, turn off your cell phone.'
Nickname : Abigaily, Person, Abicus
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 52:9 "I will thank you forever, for you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly."
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum