Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you think about the movie Evan Almighty?

Go down

What did you think about the movie Evan Almighty? Empty What did you think about the movie Evan Almighty?

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey all!!!
I was looking at yahoo answers, I saw this post, And thought I would shar it!
I would like it very much if you would tell me what you think of it!
Here it goes...
"What did you think about the movie Evan Almighty?
What did you think about the part when "God" said "when you pray for an opportunity to be patient, does God give you patience, or does he give you an opportunity to be patient?"

And here is the answer she got...
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
That was a great great quote!
you know people pray so carelessly and i had never really thought of it that way.
we pray all the time, God why can't i be patient, why can't i forgive, help me stop drinking...we automatically assume he will just do it, but he does give us the opportunity. It even gets us out with a lesson learned and dignity!
I honestly think that quote changed my life!
made me think differently, and made people who weren't even Christians think about things.
It also kind of answered the common question: why do bad things happen if God loves us so much? Like why did she die, why are they homeless, my dad lost his job. It helps us grow, build character, and find God's love even more!
Wow, that was alot, sorry guys!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What did you think about the movie Evan Almighty? Empty Re: What did you think about the movie Evan Almighty?

Post by Clareesa Tue May 26, 2009 10:57 pm

hmm...that's really interesting....something to be thinking about!
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down