Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complacency

3 posters

Go down

complacency Empty complacency

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:10 am

hey yall,
so I was reading my do hard things book the other day and I came across a part that was talking about complacency. it realy made me stop and think when I came across a part said that just because some people are "above the average" they never see what they actualy could do. I am chalanging every one who reads this that just because you are "above the average", which I must say in our culture is pretty low, dont stop trying to do better things because you feel good where your at. as an example of this in the book they tell of a good student who didint have to try hard to get good grades in school and when his/her teachers and perents and friends sterted complement him/her he. she/he started to feel good where he/she was at and never tryed for somthing more chalanging because he/she did not want to fail and lose the position of praise with everyone. dosint this just make you sad just think what this person could have done if he/she had just tried. I am here to say we are this person we need to try more and do things more challanging for us.
Think about it,
caleb s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

complacency Empty Re: complacency

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Thanx Caleb!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Yeah, that really does give you something to think about!
And sometimes that's something that can be really hard...
Thanks for posting Caleb!
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah B. Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Yes, my family has been reading that book during family devotions. We just read that part. It's so true, everyone has something like that.
Hannah B.
Hannah B.

Female Number of posts : 144
Hobbies : writing, reading, homeschool, and art
Humor :
Nickname : HB, Hannah Banana, Nana, Meanest Sister in the World...
Status: : Mark of the Cults...sounds kinda like some horror movie from the 70's - no insult intended, Mr. Bywater

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Romans 5:8
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail G. Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Amen Caleb!
Abigail G.
Abigail G.

Female Number of posts : 468
Hobbies : E-mail, songwriting, guitar, making cards
Humor : Small sign I saw posted on a street light pole: 'MEET LOCAL SINGLES!!! Easy: stand near others, turn off your cell phone.'
Nickname : Abigaily, Person, Abicus
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 52:9 "I will thank you forever, for you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly."
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum