Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

4 posters

Go down

Chapter Two Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:38 pm

great job
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia J. Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:02 pm

thats really good! afro
Sonia J.
Sonia J.

Female Number of posts : 705
Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.
Nickname : Sony, Sonia Bear, others that I don't care to mention....
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment Philippians 2:3 Smile
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy I. Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Cool!
Amy I.
Amy I.

Female Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, running, Violin, PYP, petting cats, kicking dogs, reading, writing, beating Sonia at arm-wrestling :)
Humor : German? I don't know that word. We don't use that word in America.
Nickname : Para-Amy (long story)
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Oh man, there are so many...
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two Empty RE: Chapter Two

Post by Hannah B. Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:22 pm

I jst realized that I left off a bunch of the story! Embarassed But I edited and added it back on. That's the thing with cut-and-paste.
Hannah B.
Hannah B.

Female Number of posts : 144
Hobbies : writing, reading, homeschool, and art
Humor :
Nickname : HB, Hannah Banana, Nana, Meanest Sister in the World...
Status: : Mark of the Cults...sounds kinda like some horror movie from the 70's - no insult intended, Mr. Bywater

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Romans 5:8
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 am

Awesome I can't wait for more!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Rose C. Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:49 pm

That is really good!
Crystal Rose C.
Crystal Rose C.

Female Number of posts : 569
Location : Right where God put me! On earth! Can you say that? "E-A-R-T-H"
Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
Humor : Why did the chicken jump on a BQ? ....He wanted fried chicken!
Nickname : "Hey you!"
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Prob 31

The whole thing!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://areyougoodingodseyes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:18 pm

Sounds great and I can't wait to read the next installment! (BTW, I think it's an amazing idea to write a story off a dream. I should do that...I've had some pretty unusual ones.) Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two Empty Chapter Two

Post by Hannah B. Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Well, the second chapter is finally done. I actually had quite a bit of trouble with this one, so if anyone has any suggestions, please post them.

Chapter two

Kayla was born in a small village in the north called Mentall. Her parents were gentle and kind; they were named Drawn and Bringa. She also had two best friends named Heljia and Lanthiel. The three formed an inseparable trio. Their favorite place to play was at the edge of the forest by the town, near a small stream and they spent all the time they could get there.

Heljia lived just down the road with her parents in a cottage even smaller than Kayla’s own. Lanthiel lived farther away, though it still was very close. He was an orphan, but he lived with his Aunt Charine. There were several other children, but none were as close to Kayla as Lanthiel and Heljia. But her parents were the ones that she was devoted to most. They loved her just as much as she loved them. Every night they would have a special time after supper where they would read the Bible, worship and pray.

When Kayla was a little past nine, her sisters were born. She had already known she was going to be an older sister, but she was very surprised and delighted when the midwife finally let her into the bedroom where there were two baby girls! As soon as she saw the tiny babies in their cradle, she promised herself she would protect them as long as she lived, even with her very life. Bringa and Drawn allowed her to name them. She named the younger, Tara, and the elder she named Neloya.

Heljia was as delighted as Kayla was with Tara and Neloya; the two girls loved to wheel them around in their baby carriages all day long. Sometimes even Lanthiel helped with Neloya and Tara. Thus was the peaceful existence of Kayla, Lanthiel, and Heljia for five years until the night the cloaked men rode into the village.



That night was beautiful, balmy, and warm. The moon was full and it cast dreamy silver light over the houses nestled quietly in the hills. The stars above shone as God’s blessing to His people. Everyone had gone to bed several hours ago and Kayla was soundly sleeping when a sudden sound jerked her from her dreams. It was the night watchman, and he was ringing the bell that meant that there were people coming down the long road that led directly to their village. Kayla dressed as quickly as she could. Visitors were rare, and treasured, since the small town lay in a valley by the forest and was far from any large cities, so the villagers always would greet any that came with joy. They had never had any this late, but Kayla thought it would be just the same anyway.

But when Kayla ran down the stairs her mother was already up and she held a finger up to her lips and whispered:
“Please be quiet, your sisters are still asleep.”
“Where’s father? Is he already out there?” Kayla asked, whispering too.
“Yes, he and Miller Ganth were out first when they heard the bell, but now it looks like all the men are in the square, waiting to welcome the people coming. Stay here, the men wanted everyone else to stay in until they checked who they were,” Bringa said, “I wonder what they are doing, traveling so late at night. After all, they could have stayed at an inn in Nolmtown, instead of traveling all the way here from there.”
“Yes, they probably should have stopped there for the night; it’s almost two in the morning,” Kayla observed, “But they probably have a good reason for traveling so late.” But Bringa just shook her head slowly.
“I don’t know, Kayla,” Bringa sighed, “I really don’t know.” Kayla turned away from her mother and looked out the window. She saw that the people were entering the village. By the light of the village men’s torches she realized that they were all men, dressed identically in black cloaks and masks and riding black horses. An unexplainable shiver of fear went through her when she saw that they all had a strange symbol sewn on their cloaks; she didn’t know why, only that they looked evil.
“Mother?” she asked, “Do you know what those signs mean?” Bringa didn’t answer, “Mother?” Kayla asked again, turning to look at her as she did so. Her mother was staring at the riders with fear on her face.
“How did she find us here?” she whispered, “How?”
“Who is she?” Bringa didn’t answer, but she shook herself out of her daze and took hold of Kayla’s arm.
“Kayla, get your sisters. Dress them in dark clothes, take them to the forest and hide! Do not come out until the dark ones are gone!” Kayla started to question her.
"Why..." but Bringa cut her off abruptly. “Don't ask any questions, just go!” Kayla couldn’t speak for the lump that suddenly rose in her throat, but she nodded and ran to her sisters’ bedroom.

Last edited by Hannah B. on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hannah B.
Hannah B.

Female Number of posts : 144
Hobbies : writing, reading, homeschool, and art
Humor :
Nickname : HB, Hannah Banana, Nana, Meanest Sister in the World...
Status: : Mark of the Cults...sounds kinda like some horror movie from the 70's - no insult intended, Mr. Bywater

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Romans 5:8
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down