Flash

Go down

Re: Flash

Post by Crystal Rose C. on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:25 am

I like them but not as much as I like dogs and cats!
Crystal Rose C.

Female Number of posts : 569
Location : Right where God put me! On earth! Can you say that? "E-A-R-T-H"
Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
Humor : Why did the chicken jump on a BQ? ....He wanted fried chicken!
Nickname : "Hey you!"
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Prob 31

The whole thing!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile http://areyougoodingodseyes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:25 am

Sara D. wrote:
Aubrey B. wrote:WOWOWOWOW! HOLD IT THERE! No downtalking Birds! For those of you who don't know me, this might be confusing, but really, Birds are very important in todays society.
three letters L O L

hahaha!!! Personally...I don't care for birds! Razz jk!

Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Rose C. on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:19 am

LOL!
Crystal Rose C.

Female Number of posts : 569
Location : Right where God put me! On earth! Can you say that? "E-A-R-T-H"
Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
Humor : Why did the chicken jump on a BQ? ....He wanted fried chicken!
Nickname : "Hey you!"
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Prob 31

The whole thing!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile http://areyougoodingodseyes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 am

Aubrey B. wrote:WOWOWOWOW! HOLD IT THERE! No downtalking Birds! For those of you who don't know me, this might be confusing, but really, Birds are very important in todays society.
three letters L O L

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:54 pm

pig

"And Aubrey was her name/ a not so very ordinary girl or name/ but who's to blame?" -Bread
@ubrey B.
Admin

Female Number of posts : 478
Hobbies : whatever hits me momentarity :)
Humor : I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick :)
Nickname : Pooky
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Isaiah 6:8
Registration date : 2008-06-17

View user profile http://www.teens4god.sosblog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy I. on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Or so Birds think.

By the way, I like birds. I just don't really like ravens.
Amy I.

Female Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, running, Violin, PYP, petting cats, kicking dogs, reading, writing, beating Sonia at arm-wrestling :)
Humor : German? I don't know that word. We don't use that word in America.
Nickname : Para-Amy (long story)
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Oh man, there are so many...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:19 pm

WOWOWOWOW! HOLD IT THERE! No downtalking Birds! For those of you who don't know me, this might be confusing, but really, Birds are very important in todays society.

"And Aubrey was her name/ a not so very ordinary girl or name/ but who's to blame?" -Bread
@ubrey B.
Admin

Humor : I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 pm

No, it's because he's just like you, O Adored and Doted upon Sibling. Perfect people like me, alas, do not readily translate into interesting characters under the mundane hands of the common folk. It seems you can only write what's inside you, but that's okay––quirky and obnoxious people (or birds) can be entertaining at times.
You and Clareesa are THIEVES!!! Sssssss...but nice font, anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy I. on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Thank you!

And Gracie, Clareesa and I have been saying 'nice font' to each other for months, and we'll probably STILL be saying it in thirty years!

Like my font? I don't either.
Amy I.

Hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, running, Violin, PYP, petting cats, kicking dogs, reading, writing, beating Sonia at arm-wrestling :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:29 pm

There is no doubt you two are sisters...

@ubrey B.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy I. on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:17 pm

Is that because he's more like you, Gracie?
Amy I.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:40 pm

For the record, "nice font" is my expression.
Amy...wut a kyoot widdle stowy! Awwww! You just godda luv that wayven cheef! I just wanna pinch your cheek!
(Sorry, you asked for it when you typed the words "kids' book". But I've always liked Coal Beak much more than Flash.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 am

I've read this before...but I love it! (oh, and Amy...nice font. Wink )

Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Flash

Post by Amy I. on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey guys,
This is a book thing that I'm writing. It's a kid's book about animals (don't laugh.) Well, it's the first chapter, anyway. If you have any suggestions or anything, please post them!

Flash
Part 1

Chapter 1

Flash

Flash awoke to a sharp peck on his shoulder. He rolled over, blinking sleep out of his eyes.
Two evil eyes stared into his own– like beady black stones set in a small black head.
Flash blinked again. A raven. Flash tried to sit up, but found taut cords restraining all four paws.
A score of big, mean looking ravens stood around him, glaring with hostile eyes as though Flash had committed a serious crime. Flash’s two companions, Cinder and Flint, were gawking around them with puzzled, sleepy eyes.
The first raven surveyed Flash imperiously. “Just what are you doing, impudent scum, camping in the middle of the domain of Coal Beak, Chieftain of the Vicious Raven Tribe?”
A blast of putrid breath assaulted Flash’s nostrils. He recoiled.
“We just needed some place to camp. We had no idea it was raven territory…”
The raven sneered. “That isn’t the main thing.” He turned and gestured with one wing at a large fir tree lying on the ground a few feet away. “Of all the trees, you chose that one. Answer me. Did you cut down that tree?” He emphasized each word by tapping one foot hard on the ground.
Flash nodded. “We planned to build a shelter.”
The raven stared in disbelief. “A SHELTER??? Simpleton! That is no ordinary tree, it was Coal Beak’s summer home!”
Flash stared. “We didn‘t know…”
The raven made a threatening gesture with his wings. “Get up. You are to be taken to Master Coal Beak. Fleet Feather, inform Master Coal Beak that we have captured the intruders.”
Cinder and Flint wilted, and Flash knew what they were thinking. Here we go again. Not three days gone, and we’re prisoners yet again.
The raven nudged Flash.
Seeing no other option, Flash clambered awkwardly to his feet.

They were marched, or rather, hopped through the forest; since the ravens had not been courteous enough to untie their paws.
“Faster!” the raven guards croaked. The ravens followed, flying low to the ground, clubs clasped firmly in their talons. Whenever the foxes slowed, the ravens bopped them on the head. Flash’s head began to ring. At last, they came to a large fir. An odd house built out of tree limbs, sticks, and moss was set in the branches.
The raven pecked Flash sharply in the ankle. “Climb!”

Coal Beak

“Master Coal Beak, sir? We have captured the foxes, sir. They are being brought here at this moment.”
Coal Beak, Chieftain of the Vicious Raven Tribe, looked up from his lunch. “Ah, Fleet Feather! I thought you shouldn’t be long. Well, show them in then.” Coal Beak waved his wing impatiently.
“Yes, master!” The raven warrior bowed, then hopped along the soft floor of the tree castle and flew out the door. Coal Beak took another peck at his supper, a two-day-dead side of rotting smashed ferret. Foxes, eh? He snapped at a fly. What did three foxes want entering his domain? And how dare they cut down his summer home? They would pay for that!
A commotion at the entrance to his tree castle interrupted Coal Beak’s thoughts. He straightened his golden crown, draped himself in a few necklaces, and strode to the door. Carefully, so as not to dislodge his crown, he poked his head out the doorway.
Three foxes, bound paw to paw, stood at the base of his tree, attempting to scale the trunk of the tall fir.
Coal Beak laughed so hard he had to put one wing on his head to keep his crown on. He braced his other wing against the tree trunk to steady himself.
“Stay on the ground then.” Coal Beak ordered. He perched himself on a strong limb of his tree, and surveyed them regally. He wished he had brought his dead ferret with him.
“And what…” Coal Beak straightened his crown and resettled his wings… “do three foxes want in the domain of Coal Beak, Chieftain of the Vicious Raven Tribe? And how DARE you cut down my summer home?” Coal Beak allowed all his fury to funnel into his voice. The foxes looked at each other, then bowed low.
“Oh please, Master Coal Beak! Spare us! We had…no idea…” the first one began.
Coal Beak sneered. “Do you expect me to let you go unpunished? My tree unavenged? Certainly not!”
“We only wanted to build a shelter, Master Coal Beak! We were completely…” The second fox began.
“You may stop groveling now, fox!” he said sharply. “If you play your part well, you shall live, be spared, even, perhaps, be set free.” Coal Beak turned from the foxes and stared into the distance. An idea was forming in his mind. Perhaps…just maybe…. Perhaps he could send these foxes on a mission. A dangerous mission. Coal Beak took a deep breath to calm his nerves, feeling an ecstasy he had not felt in a long time. If the foxes failed…Coal Beak would be rid of them. If they succeeded…that would be beyond wonderful.

Flash

Coal Beak sat still for so long that Flash was beginning to hope he had died. But finally the raven stirred, clicked his beak, then turned to one of the guards.
“Fleet Feather, take these foxes away. I have no interest in them at present. Oh, and Fleet Feather…” Coal Beak said something in Raven Speech, then wheeled around and hopped back into his castle.
The ravens marched them away to a broad stream. They tethered the foxes to a stout tree and stationed guards nearby. Flash curled up in a tight ball and shut his eyes. Behind him, he heard Flint muttering to himself.
“Coal Beak’s summer home! My foot.”

Cinder shook Flash awake the next morning. Flash groaned. Every muscle in his body ached. He got awkwardly to his feet, and nudged Flint.
“Alright, alright!” Flint mumbled.
A raven stepped forward. Fleet Feather, was it?
“Master Coal Beak summons you to his castle immediately. Your fate has been determined.”

Flash almost collapsed when he finally reached the tree castle. His head throbbed painfully from the ravens’ clubs.
Coal Beak emerged from his doorway, draped in his usual ugly jewelry and eating a dead vole. He looked so unbelievably ridiculous that Flash had to bite his lip to keep from snickering. Flint, however, was shaking with suppressed laughter.
Coal Beak ignored the foxes and continued to munch lazily at his vole. Fleet Feather, however, rapped each fox smartly on the head, while the other ravens gave warning glares.
Flash forced a look of awed humility onto his face, at the same time imagining what he would do to Coal Beak if he had his sword with him.
Coal Beak finished his vole and turned his attention to the foxes.
“After a great deal of thought, I have come up with the perfect punishment for you. You see, there is a raccoon tribe residing in the Apple Woods, ruled by the matriarch Old Salley. If you were to go to the Apple Woods and, undiscovered, bring back to me the key to their treasury, and perhaps some small trinkets, I would be willing…to cancel your debt.” He finished this dignified speech rather lamely, Flash noticed with satisfaction. Trying not to smirk, Flash bowed.
“We would be more than willing to do this, Master Coal Beak.” Once released, they could run to the woods and hide somewhere until they decided what to do next.
Coal Beak nodded happily. “Excellent! I shall select some ravens to accompany you to the site then, a guard of honor, if you will.” Coal Beak chuckled, and the other ravens laughed heartily. Cinder rolled his eyes.
“Meanwhile, Fleet Feather, see to it that these foxes are fed, and bed them down somewhere on the ground where they can be watched.” Coal Beak turned and strode, or rather hopped, back into his tree castle.

That night, chained to a tree with Cinder and Flint, Flash swabbed gently at a deep gash on his head. The ravens had finally untied his front paws, and had even given them cloth to wash their wounds. Those clubs the ravens used must be studded with steel. He pawed his head irritably. It would leave a deep scar - perhaps as deep as the one on his foreleg. Flash washed his cloth in the stream, wrung it out, and wrapped it around his head.
A small, greenish rock on the ground caught his eye. It reminded him of his brother Ember’s rock collection. Ember! He pounded his paw against the ground, suddenly furious. Every minute he spent here, the foxes at home were suffering. Every second he was delayed, the foxes in hiding were in greater danger of discovery. And until Flash escaped from these ravens, he was helpless to do anything for them. Flash picked up the rock and hurled it into the stream. It fell with a loud splash. A fir cone hit Flash squarely on the head. He looked up, surprised. A raven guard glared down at him, scowling.
“I’m warning you, fox! One more sound…”
Amy I.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down