Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serving

4 posters

Go down

Serving Empty Serving

Post by Whitney B. Wed May 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Hey guys.
I'd like to tell you about what God's put on my heart. I hope it's not too long.

When I was little, I used to listen to a music tape when we were in the car. It was for toddlers, and it was
by the 'dounutman'...hehehehe Embarassed (my dad's long lost twin)...some of you know him some of you don't...
...if you have any questions ask me, Aubrey, Alex or Josh E....lol

But anyway, one of the songs went:

"If you want to be great...Do you wanna be great?...if you wanna be great....if you wanna be really really great
well, than you've got to be the servant of all..."

That song always made me shift in my seat uncomfortably. I felt like it was talking to ME, but the servant of ALL! I mean it's not like i want to bow and curtsy to every bum on the steets and serve them dinner and wax their mustaches do their laundry and share my stuff and never take a break and jump of a cliff if they wanted me to, would you? So I tried to forget about it but it would still pop up now and then, you know, in church, in sunday school, in awana, in meetings, in ciminars...
So, naturally, i did my best to ignor it. I somewhat succeded for 12 years.

The other day i was thinking about gleanings. I remembered a whole lot of things, one of which would be that me and my friends (brianna, abigail, my sibblings, natalie, valery, aundra and anicia and some other boys and girls) were crammed into the pool with 60 others. Josh E. randomly stated the fact that my father looked and acted excactly like the donutman. Unfortunatly, he was correct and everybody was laughing, including me, because I always thought so. (I remember once that I saw a huge picture on a truck by a resturant of a guy, possibly donutman, that i always thout was my father, but couldn't figure out why they put his picture up on a ciment truck.) But, thinking about all this, my mind ran into the song about being the servant of all, and it kinda glued it's self onto my forehead and wouldn't let go.

What really strikes me (and i hope you) is that that is one of the most ignored verses in the Bible.
But that it's also one of the ones that most need followed. What if everyone was the opposite of the servant of all?
If everyone was served by all, than there would be no one left to serve and Plannet Earth would be a wreck!
And, believe it or not, before we can master being Holy and Rightous, being perfect, being special and the tough stuff like that, we have to master a tougher thing: being the servant of all.
Jesus came to this world robed in Holyness, Rightousness, and perfection. But he also came with a heart and an attitued of "How can I help you?" That's the first step to becoming more like Christ. And thats what stood out to every diciple and follower Jesus, and to most of his enimies. And that's what stands out to me.

So I just wanted to encourage you, that before we can put our focus on being great, we need to focus on being the servant of all. And through that God will make us great.

The Bible says in Mark 10:44 "And whosoever will be first among you, shall be the servant of all."

And that's what I want to leave you with today.

Pray
Whitney B.
Whitney B.

Female Number of posts : 42
Location : Somdays not here, but lately there all the time except when elsewhere, but i should be here then too
Hobbies : Mostly soccer, singing and piano
Humor : We've had enough youth. How about a fountain of 'smart.'
Nickname : I'd rather not say...
Favorite Scripture Verse? : ...and whosoever shall be the first among you, shall be the servant of all.

Mark 10:44
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Serving Empty Re: Serving

Post by Clareesa Wed May 13, 2009 7:17 pm

I used to watch the doughnut man ALL the time!

Thanks Whitney! That's a lot to think about!!!
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 12:00 am

HAHAHHAHAHAHA...I have seen some of his movies yes.lol
Thanks for the reminder, that was preatty powerful!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. Thu May 14, 2009 12:12 am

Clareesa J. wrote:I used to watch the doughnut man ALL the time!

Ya, so did I, but i always thought i was too old for it. :0)

Gr8, Whitney! Wayda go!
@ubrey B.
@ubrey B.
Admin

Female Number of posts : 478
Hobbies : whatever hits me momentarity :)
Humor : I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick :)
Nickname : Pooky
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Isaiah 6:8
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://www.teens4god.sosblog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Thu May 14, 2009 1:23 am

@ubrey B. wrote:

Gr8, Whitney! Wayda go!

It used to make me cry. Razz sorry this is... Serving 516784
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia J. Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Clareesa J. wrote:
@ubrey B. wrote:

Gr8, Whitney! Wayda go!

It used to make me cry. Razz sorry this is... Serving 516784

I didn't know that Clareesa!lol affraid
thanks so much Whitney! that gives me a lot to think about! Cool
Sonia J.
Sonia J.

Female Number of posts : 705
Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.
Nickname : Sony, Sonia Bear, others that I don't care to mention....
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment Philippians 2:3 Smile
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum