Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what one friend could do for someone.

+5
@ubrey B.
Kaitlan P.
Anna P
Clareesa
Sonia J.
9 posters

Go down

what one friend could do for someone. Empty what one friend could do for someone.

Post by Sonia J. Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 am

I don't know if it's true or not, but I thought this was really cool. I know it's kinda long, but try to find the time to read it.

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school... His name was Kyle.
It looked like he was carrying all of his books.
I thought to myself, 'Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday?
He must really be a nerd...
I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him...
He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, 'Those guys are jerks.' They really should get lives. ' He looked at me and said, 'Hey thanks!' There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.
As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before...
He said he had gone to private school before now
I would have never hung out with a private school kid before. We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.
I asked him if he wanted to play a little football
with my friends, He said yes.
We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.
Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.
I stopped him and said, 'Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!
' He just laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends
When we were seniors we began to think about college.
Kyle decided on Georgetown and I was going to Duke.
I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem.
He was going to be a doctor and I was going for business on a football scholarship.. Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
I teased him all the time about being a nerd.
He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak
Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
He looked great.
He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.
He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him. Boy, sometimes I was jealous! Today was one of those days..
I could see that he was nervous about his speech.
So, I smacked him on the back and said, 'Hey, big guy, you'll be great!' He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled.
' Thanks,' he said. As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began
'Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends..... I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.
I am going to tell you a story.'
I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the
first day we met.
He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.
He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
'Thankfully, I was saved.
My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable..'
I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile.
Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.
Never underestimate the power of your actions..
With one small gesture you can change a person's life.
For better or for worse. God puts us all in each others lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.

Cool

Last edited by Sonia J. on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sonia J.
Sonia J.

Female Number of posts : 705
Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.
Nickname : Sony, Sonia Bear, others that I don't care to mention....
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment Philippians 2:3 Smile
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

what one friend could do for someone. Empty Re: what one friend could do for someone.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:16 pm

WOW..Thats AWESOME!!!! thnx
even If it was not true..it is still a GREAT remnider!

Last edited by Joshua P on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to add somthing..DUH.lol jk)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

what one friend could do for someone. Empty Re: what one friend could do for someone.

Post by Clareesa Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:47 pm

yerpsters. Very Happy
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna P Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Its a cool story, true or not, though I heard a different version of it before.
Thanks for sharing!
Anna P
Anna P

Female Number of posts : 160
Hobbies : Reading. Listening to music and doing laundry.
Humor : Studies clearly indicate that those who get 'Get Well' cards sooner and more often have a 80% faster recovery rate, so I want to wish you a Happy Birthday
Nickname : Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment, James 1:19-20 and Romans 5:8
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://www.therebelution.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Wow! That is incredible! That kind of thing could easily happen even if this particular story isn't true...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlan P. Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:28 am

Yes it is a wonderful story-you never know just how much you impact people!
Kaitlan P.
Kaitlan P.

Female Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : reading, drawing, knitting ,horseback riding, scrapbooking, spending time w/ God, family ,friends
Humor : City slickers in cowboy boots!!!
Nickname : Polly Pocket
Favorite Scripture Verse? : 1 Peter 2:9
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by @ubrey B. Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:31 am

Wow...!
@ubrey B.
@ubrey B.
Admin

Female Number of posts : 478
Hobbies : whatever hits me momentarity :)
Humor : I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick :)
Nickname : Pooky
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Isaiah 6:8
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://www.teens4god.sosblog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Rose C. Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 am

Yup! I've read this before! Evne if its not true it very well could happen!
Crystal Rose C.
Crystal Rose C.

Female Number of posts : 569
Location : Right where God put me! On earth! Can you say that? "E-A-R-T-H"
Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
Humor : Why did the chicken jump on a BQ? ....He wanted fried chicken!
Nickname : "Hey you!"
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Prob 31

The whole thing!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://areyougoodingodseyes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaylee B Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:57 pm

I've heard this story before... it's awesome! I wish I knew if it were true or not, but it is a very good reminder of how powerful friendship is, and that friendships knows no "social status". I love you

Last edited by Kaylee B on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaylee B
Kaylee B

Female Number of posts : 53
Hobbies : Horseback riding, playing piano, eating... lol
Humor : Laugh and the whole world laughs with you... laugh hysterically, for no apparent reason, and the they'll leave you alone
Nickname : Kay
Favorite Scripture Verse? : A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. (Psalm 16:9)
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail G. Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:26 pm

That is a great story, and a good encouragement to reach out to people around us, especially those who seem forgotten or lonely.
Abigail G.
Abigail G.

Female Number of posts : 468
Hobbies : E-mail, songwriting, guitar, making cards
Humor : Small sign I saw posted on a street light pole: 'MEET LOCAL SINGLES!!! Easy: stand near others, turn off your cell phone.'
Nickname : Abigaily, Person, Abicus
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 52:9 "I will thank you forever, for you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly."
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney B. Wed May 20, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm forgotten and lonely! But it wouldn't do any good to reach out to me, because you all live in different houses! lol Razz
Whitney B.
Whitney B.

Female Number of posts : 42
Location : Somdays not here, but lately there all the time except when elsewhere, but i should be here then too
Hobbies : Mostly soccer, singing and piano
Humor : We've had enough youth. How about a fountain of 'smart.'
Nickname : I'd rather not say...
Favorite Scripture Verse? : ...and whosoever shall be the first among you, shall be the servant of all.

Mark 10:44
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum