Chapter 2, part 2:scars

Go down

Re: Chapter 2, part 2:scars

Post by Sonia J. on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm

wow! I can't wait to ready more! Cool
Sonia J.

Female Number of posts : 705
Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.
Nickname : Sony, Sonia Bear, others that I don't care to mention....
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment Philippians 2:3 Smile
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm

wow. It really makes you want to read more! Very Happy

Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2, part 2:scars

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm

The memory burned in my mind like a sea of flames spreading fiercely and rapidly. I feared nothing would be able to get in its way now. I’d gone too far and I knew it.
I should have just said “Hi.” I shouldn’t have even done that. I should have gotten the supplies for my stitches and then left. I normally would be thinking about how much I hated Adele’s orders for me to stay put in Washougal for the time being-to not fight this next battle tonight. Yes, I should be thinking about the fight, not Alexander. We were two completely different beings. And we always would be.
That’s when I remembered I never had gotten to re-stitching my leg.
“Danget,” I muttered to myself.
I walked to my normal parking space and suddenly stopped. I’d forgotten I hadn’t drove to school today-I had walked. I couldn’t possibly walk the distance to my house. It was actually a very short distance, especially being able to run quickly, but my stitches were already halfway gone. I knew if I walked all the way home I would run the risk of infection from the soon-to-be open wound.
“Danget,” I muttered for the second time that day. There was seemingly no solution to this problem. Sometimes it was really awful not to have friends at times like these.
As I racked my brain for some way to get back home a long blast made me jump. I spun around and saw some kind of a car idling beside me. I wasn’t good with cars, but the symbol on the front told me it was some kind of BMW. The paint was a startling shade of silver that gleamed from every angle, even in the near-constant cover of rain and clouds. The windows were too tinted to get even a glimpse of the interior, but I had a feeling I knew who sat waiting inside.
I held my breath as the passenger window slowly rolled down, revealing the man’s gorgeous peridot eyes.
“Hey, Victoria. Is there a problem?” Alexander asked with a puzzled grin on his face. Apparently seeing a woman standing in the middle of the street staring at nothing was a source of confusion.
“I- I think so,” I stuttered. I decided to tell the truth, “Yeah. There actually is.”
I stopped there, finally thinking better of it. I did not want any of his pity. I really didn’t want to be taken care of-ever-especially by a human. Being taken care of by even one of my own was humiliating enough, I couldn’t imagine what might happen if I let Alexander-the human-rescue me from this catastrophe.
“So what would be the problem?” Alexander pushed.
“Um, it’s nothing.” I replied with a sigh. “At least nothing I can’t take care of myself. Somehow…” As I said those last words I racked my brain for some way to convince him I was fine. I scanned the area for a second and then finally turned back to Alexander.
Alexander looked slightly agitated. But he wasn’t staring directly at me. He was looking at something only he could have a view of. I wondered what he was thinking about.
As soon as he noticed my questioning gaze, he quickly regained his composure. “So,” He cleared his throat before going on, “What was your problem that you were so hesitant to explain to me?” He smiled teasingly at me. I had to smile back slightly at his witty awareness.
“You don’t miss a thing do you?”
“Nope,” He replied proudly. We stared each other down for a short time before he swung open the passenger door and said, “Get in.”
“What?” I said, surprised at his boldness. “How-”
“I’m not brainless, Victoria,” he interrupted, suddenly serious. “I kind of noticed you didn’t have a ride, so get in.”
I stared at the seat for a second and finally, firmly said, “No.”
Alexander looked taken aback. Apparently he hadn’t expected a denial from me. I had been so nice to him and then I suddenly refuse his courtesy.
“Come on,” he encouraged, staring me straight in the eye. “I don’t want you to have to walk home in the rain.”
I tried to turn my gaze from those alluring green eyes, but I’d never enjoyed being stared at. I looked at him and my will crumpled beneath me.
“Fine,” I replied, meaning to sound curt, but coming out merciful. I gently and slowly placed one foot in the car as the rest of my body followed. Alexander wore a bright smile as I gave in to his request, as though he enjoyed getting his way. I learned more about him all the time.
What is happening to me? I thought, frustrated. I seem to be falling in love with a human I met only today.
I realized there were two things wrong with that sentence. First, “Falling in love.” I definitely was not falling in love-ever. And second, “With a human.” I’d told myself years ago that I would never fall in love with anybody. At the time I was speaking of my own kind. But falling in love with a human was so out of the picture that I hadn’t even thought to add it to my “never-will-happen” list.
Life stinks, I thought to myself, then added, If you can even call what I’m experiencing “life.”
“So, you don’t have a ride,” Alexander began, clearly intending to proceed even further.
“Apparently,” I responded, uninterested. I then informed him, “There’s not much to the story, you know.”
“Then it won’t be too difficult to share, now will it?”
I sighed, exasperated now.
This guy just won’t take a hint, will he? I thought. I decided I’d better just tell him. It wasn’t like it was that big a deal.
“Fine, I’ll tell you.”
I started with how I’d gotten stitches. I couldn’t tell him the actual business that went on, but I was a good liar. I told him I had been hiking and I saw a bear. I always carried a knife with me and so I pulled it out. I tripped and fell over a rock, the knife slicing right through my left thigh.
I went on to explain how I didn’t want to be in my car on account of certain unpleasant memories, so I walked to school.
“Why didn’t you walk home, then?” he asked me. This was the first time he’d interrupted me throughout this whole story.
“Well, my frien-I mean doctor who’d stitched me up apparently hadn’t done a good job. My stitches started coming out during class. That’s why I went to the office,” I clarified. “But then I saw you and things just didn’t go as planned. So here I am-in your car- being driven home because if I walk the two mile distance to my house, the stitches are sure to be yanked out.” I let out a huge gust of air when I finished, pleased with my storytelling.
Alexander didn’t say anything and I wondered if he had even listened to the end of my story. That possibility angered me.
Before I could say anything I might regret, I realized we were in front of my house.
“How did you know-” But Alexander interrupted me. Apparently he was going to make a habit of disruption.
“I’m your next-door neighbor,” he explained. “I saw you leave the house this morning.”
“Oh.” I didn’t know what else to say. He had given me a ride home when I was desperate, so I said, “Thank you.” I really meant what I said, which surprised even me. Nothing should have surprised me at that moment.
“You’re very welcome,” Alexander replied warmly. He smiled at me as I got out. I smiled back.
“So, see you tomorrow at school?” I turned around at the sound of his voice.
“Um, yeah I-I guess.” He smiled again before driving to the next house.
My next-door neighbor, I thought nonchalantly. What a coincidence. And I’ve never even met any of my neighbors!
I smiled as I walked in the door, but then realized how stupid I was being.
He’s a human-a nasty, brainless human, I kept telling myself. And I couldn't forget the strange anxiety he made me feel when I was around him.
But the most surprising thing yet was that I wanted to be his friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down