Scars

Go down

Re: Scars

Post by Crystal Rose C. on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 pm

I think its really good! I cant wait till you have more of it done!
Crystal Rose C.

Female Number of posts : 569
Location : Right where God put me! On earth! Can you say that? "E-A-R-T-H"
Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
Humor : Why did the chicken jump on a BQ? ....He wanted fried chicken!
Nickname : "Hey you!"
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Prob 31

The whole thing!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile http://areyougoodingodseyes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia J. on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 am

great job!I can't wait to read more! Very Happy
Sonia J.

Female Number of posts : 705
Hobbies : Public speaking, archery, hanging out w/ friends, cooking, sleeptalking(lol), reading, Acting, and tons more!
Humor : Ahh! There's an ant on the floor! Everybody RUN!!!...Wait a sec, I'm not afraid of those. Never mind.
Nickname : Sony, Sonia Bear, others that I don't care to mention....
Favorite Scripture Verse? : At the moment Philippians 2:3 Smile
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:01 am

Wow. That's really good! It had me captivated the whole way through! Great job! I can't wait to read more!!!!!

Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Scars

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:27 am

Okay, this is a Christian book I'm starting to write. I'm gonna post the Preface and First Chapter. I haven't finished the second chapter yet so...Tell me what you thing about it!! It's kind of forbidden love but I'm gonna tie in her faith and all that stuff and how she goes through this stuff. It's not realistic fiction so you know... The title of the book is "Scars."

Preface

I’d always thought life would always stay the same. I mean, that’s how it usually works right? At least that’s how I saw it.
Every single day of my life I would sit and stare at every soul who happened to walk by. I would watch them, study them, and observe every movement they made. And while I did that I would think.
I would think about their lives. I would try to guess from what I knew about the person, what was going on in their lives. And whenever I actually figured it out as a fact it would always be the same. First, they’re happy. Then they are heartbroken. And next thing you know they have someone in their lives to keep them happy for the rest of their lives.
And those feelings would never come for me. Not in the human sense at least. I would eventually find someone-or so they kept telling me. I had never found it very exciting to continue the sequence. I didn’t want to be average-which is what I had been for so long. I wanted to be different, unique.
And that’s what happened in those last few months of being….a Protector as we called ourselves. I became unique, in a way no Protector had ever dared-or even wanted to consider being. I went beyond the boundaries I’d set for my life. I’d gone beyond the boundaries set for me by my fellow Protectors, by my highly respected ancestors. Nobody would have ever expected something like this from me.
And I guess you could say it was all because of him. But I didn’t resent that at all. I was grateful. He may think I was going somewhere better before, but I will always know that I chose the right path for me, even if it may never be the safest path for anybody.
I’d known all along that it would cause this danger. I guess I’d never really admitted it though. I’d wanted so bad to be with him that I eventually had put him and myself into a terrible danger-one we would never escape no matter how long we ran for.
And so I stared into the eyes of the one who would kill for me-the one who loved me. I mouthed the words “I love you” and took a step toward my odious fate, hoping to at least save his life if not mine.
It seemed a reasonable choice to make. To give the only thing you had, your own life, to protect the one life you’ve ever loved more than even your own.

Chapter 1

“AHHH,” I screamed at the top of my lungs. The burning was terrible. It stung so bad I wasn’t sure I could handle anymore. It couldn’t be possible that I was still alive.
But there I was just lying there with him by my side. Jason was pressing some alcohol onto the open wound in my leg.
“It’ll stop hurting in a few seconds,” he assured me. But that didn’t make me feel any better. It still felt like I was dying.
“What are you doing, sawing my leg off?!” I screeched at him, “That doesn’t feel like you just stitching me up!!” It actually felt like he was biting my leg off mouthful by mouthful. I hated complaining, it made me feel so weak, but I couldn’t help it.
“What do you want me to do? Leave it to bleed itself out? No, I’m not going to let you die Victoria. You’re one of our best and most experienced fighters!” he yelled right back at me.
With a groan and a hint of a growl I laid my head back on the wet grass. I hated being taken care of. Not to mention having my life saved. Saving lives was my job. When I saved a life it was a different story. That was my job, my life’s dream, my whole life. This is what I lived for; to save people from these disgusting, hungry monsters. Nothing else mattered to me.
But I’d saved so many lives during my time as a Protector that I had to let some of the glory move on to somebody else-even if the glory moved on only this once. And Jason was a great choice for that. I’d spent years training him to protect the people and he’d turned out to be one of our best. Not to mention his very unique gift.
Jason could not only sense when danger was near just like every Protector can, but he could also see a few days in advance if there would be danger. He always said the farthest ahead he could see was two days. But that was usually plenty of time to be ready.
Inconveniently that was the only thing Jason could see in the future-when danger was near. But the number of battles won had gone up emphatically. For that reason I had forgiven him for his partial ‘blindness.’
Of course, my gift was also unique. Not to mention the effectiveness in battle. My gift was very useful. It could take out many enemies at a time. I could control the
elements; earth, wind, fire etc. With only a second of thought I could hurl a flurry of snow at a group or even create an avalanche of dirt and rock to cover everybody I targeted.
I found this idea very exciting. I always got a warm tingly feeling whenever I saved the day. I could take everybody out if there was only a small group and everybody admired me for that.
My range was limited though. I could only do this within a one mile radius. This made it very difficult to eliminate some of the forces before the actual blood and gore battle scene. But it was just like a second nature to me.
I wasn’t saying it didn’t take much effort and extreme concentration to control the elements, but I’d grown so used to the idea and the action that I almost understood it. Almost.
“How does it work?” I wondered aloud.
“How does what work?” Jason asked softly, apparently glad that I wasn’t complaining anymore.
“Your ‘gift’,” I answered in a hushed tone, embarrassed that I was actually asking him about his abilities. This was something I never did because it had never really mattered to me before. I may have been an experienced fighter but I was definitely not experienced in making conversation. But I was genuinely curious.
“I’ve told you before. I can see up to two days in advance. All I can see is when danger is coming and-“
“No,” I interrupted him, a little frustrated that he didn’t understand that I wanted more than that. “I mean, how exactly does it work? Is the future you see definite or are their shifts sometimes? Can you actually look for the future or does it come to you at random moments? I’m curious.”
“Well, I’m not exactly sure about it all yet,” he explained, his eyes focused on something going on in only his mind, “But, yes, I think their can be shifts if somebody tried hard enough to change their future. But I’d guess that they could only do that if they knew what future I was seeing in my mind. If I concentrate hard enough to see something without any interruptions then I can sometimes get glimpses but it’s a lot clearer at random moments. Also, it’s not definite dangers. It could be a moment where there could be danger involved, not that there actually will be.”
“What kinds of danger can you see? Is it only major fights or even if you’re going to get a paper cut do you see it?” This was actually very interesting to me. I was glad to finally see how somebody else’s powers worked and not just mine.
“I can see any danger at all,” he said with a smile.
I smiled back slightly. “Have you ever seen anything besides danger? Do you think you could if you were experienced enough?”
He hesitated, obviously trying to break down every thought he had on the subject. “I myself, knowing how the visions work, think that if I practiced long enough I could see something more. I don’t think it is a gift meant only for danger-though it could be because of what our kind is.”
I thought about this. There was so much I wanted to know about my future, but I wasn’t sure if he’d ever be able to see any of it. I could have prompted him to try, but I was afraid he would be angry with me.
I winced as he made the last stitch in my leg and hopped lightly to his feet. He held out his hand casually and I took it, appreciating his effort. I sighed and followed him to the rest of the waiting Protectors.
“We’ve won the battle!” they all cheered at once.
I joined in drearily. On any normal night after a big victory I would have been leading the cheering. But today I didn’t feel like the winner. I felt that something was on the verge of being released- like some terrible evil that has been building up might break free.
I shoved the fallacious thoughts away for the moment. What could be making me so edgy? We’d won the battle and the survivors of those monsters had run away in fear. So there was nothing to be afraid of-or that’s what I kept telling the nervous butterflies fluttering in the pit of my stomach.

Through the line of houses I could see the school. Washougal high school was fairly small, with a count of nearly 900 students. Half of those students were already filing through the main doors of the school.
I looked at all the students-oblivious to the dangers that pass through the town daily-and prayed that they would be safe today. I wouldn’t be allowed to fight if there was a battle today so I wouldn’t have the outcome right away. I hated that. My leg was perfectly fine and healing nicely. But Adele had given me a strict order to stay put and rest.
Ugh. Rest was something I never wanted to do when I knew I could be out there fighting. I could be protecting, as was my job.
I sighed once and started down the hill. I passed my car, not wanting to be trapped inside while I was going to school. All that would do was remind me of what I should be allowed to do right now.
Adele had told me I needed a break anyway. When I started to argue she’d told me I need to get used to normal life just in case we ever had to go into hiding. If we were ever discovered at all we’d have to run and cover up our tracks. No human could ever find out the truth about us. If that happened we would be chased by police and FBI forever.
Even though the real danger was from the “Maligno” as we still called them-the names they’d been given long ago back in Italy in the early 1600’s, translating into English as “Evil”-the police would think we needed to be investigated. My ancestors had been some of the “Tutrice”-the name we’d been given in Italy translating into English as “Guardian”-who had fought them off and driven them from Italy. That’s why I was looked to as one of the leaders-even though I wasn’t a leader of the Protectors at all.
People respected me and I used that as a leverage to keep fighting whenever I felt I could no longer go on. I had to keep people moving when they felt the same way.
When I refocused my eyes on the present time I realized I was already walking through the doors of the school. The hallways met me there and I stopped, not ready to enter class yet.
I kept repeating Adele’s orders in my head, trying to force the truth on myself. Maybe I did need a break-take a little time to live a human life. Not for a long time, only a few days maybe. It might help me to realize what I’m actually protecting.
With yet another sigh I walked up to the door of my classroom and rested my hand on the handle. I took a deep, steadying breath and pushed through the door. I had no reason to be on edge I kept telling myself. I did this every day. I’d never done it to learn anything, but to keep the secret. So why was I being so edgy today? I kept thinking it was
part of the strange feeling I’d felt last night after the battle, but I couldn’t understand the depth of this fear.
As I entered the familiar classroom and examined carefully the rows of desks lining the middle I felt a wave of relief wash over me. There was nothing different about the people sitting in the desks. Every one of them was just the same as they were on Friday-unharmed, unaware, and very, very, talkative. None of them were anything like me-again, nothing’s changed.
I walked swiftly to my seat, avoiding the teacher’s resentful glare. I then realized that I was five minutes late. This was the third time in a row. Oh well, maybe I could talk him out of writing me up again. All I had to do was make up an excuse. And that wasn’t hard considering I had an injured leg-a perfect excuse.
“Thank you for joining us Ms. Mancini,” Mr. Johnson greeted me tersely, “We were just discussing how to write an eye-popping autobiography on a person. Perhaps you would like to add a comment?”
“Um…-” I was about to make something up, but he interrupted me.
“Just take your seat,” he ordered quickly. Apparently he hadn’t had a good day so far. I smiled appreciatively and rushed to my seat. No need to make the poor man suffer any more than he already had on my behalf.
“Who can tell me the first information you need to start an autobiography?” Mr. Johnson asked, clearly not even expecting an answer, “Anyone?”
Somebody coughed back a laugh, causing Mr. Johnson to slam his papers on his desk. “Something you want to say Mr. Jacobs?”
“Uhh, no sir?” Mark Jacobs replied shyly.
The conversation continued dully while I tried hard to stay conscious. I absentmindedly played with the ends of my hair as Mr. Johnson lectured us once again on the importance of respect for your elders. Couldn’t these students just shut their mouths sometimes and stop giving the guy a near heart attack?
Finally, forty five minutes later the bell rang. I was the last one out the door because of my injury. My leg was really starting to bug me and the stitches were stretching.
Jason really needs to work on his doctoring skills, I thought to myself. Maybe I should have Adele fix me up next time or something. Then maybe it’ll heal faster.
I finally opted to restitch myself during lunch. I didn’t feel hungry today anyway. I’d rather have been out in the woods hunting some Maligno. Now that would be considered fun, not sitting in a boring old class studying things that really should be common knowledge in the tenth grade.
I should have been grateful for the break. A little relaxation wouldn’t kill me-at least not if it was only for one day. So I would enjoy this break.
I kept telling myself that as I walked to my second period class and then to third and next to fourth. Finally, lunch came around and I headed for the bathroom.
I walked past each table, scanning every person quickly. This was just instinct-make sure everybody’s safe, then go about you business. Just as I was about to walk into the bathroom I remembered I might need some alcohol pads.
Rushing to the office, I made a mental note of all I would need.
I need alcohol pads, Q tips, tissues, and possibly a couple of Band-Aids.
I walked up to the desk and was about to open my mouth when I saw the most gorgeous set of green I ever could have imagined. This was something you only came across in a dream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down