Teens 4 God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Beyond

4 posters

Go down

The World Beyond Empty Re: The World Beyond

Post by Crystal Rose C. Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:20 am

Yup!
Crystal Rose C.
Crystal Rose C.

Female Number of posts : 569
Location : Right where God put me! On earth! Can you say that? "E-A-R-T-H"
Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
Humor : Why did the chicken jump on a BQ? ....He wanted fried chicken!
Nickname : "Hey you!"
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

Favorite Scripture Verse? : Prob 31

The whole thing!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://areyougoodingodseyes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:05 am

nah- you have to go on her website lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy I. Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Mean mean mean mean mean...
Amy I.
Amy I.

Female Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, running, Violin, PYP, petting cats, kicking dogs, reading, writing, beating Sonia at arm-wrestling :)
Humor : German? I don't know that word. We don't use that word in America.
Nickname : Para-Amy (long story)
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Oh man, there are so many...
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:01 pm

wow- good job clareesa!

and amy, she wants to keep you in suspense! lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy I. Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:57 pm

But why? Why won't you post any more?
Amy I.
Amy I.

Female Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, running, Violin, PYP, petting cats, kicking dogs, reading, writing, beating Sonia at arm-wrestling :)
Humor : German? I don't know that word. We don't use that word in America.
Nickname : Para-Amy (long story)
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Oh man, there are so many...
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Ok, I thought I'd post the rest of chapter 2...but that's all I'm gonna post on this forum. lol Very Happy
So, here it is! Tell me what you think!

"There's no place to hide around here! If I get the truck started, we could get out of here!"
Despite what Ajate'a said, the boy jumped into the truck. Ajate'a watched him warily as he tried over and over to get the truck running again.
Ajate'a felt a bolt of energy run through her. She focused her eyes far down the road. A sense of fear and excitment penetrated through her skin. She shut her eyes for a split second and whispered, "Thank you Yenish."
The powerful sound of pounding hooves reached Ajate'a's ears. "Jetoth!" The girl cried.
A creature that first, from a distance resemled a deer, then, when closer, someting comepletely different, ran up to Ajate'a. "Jetoth!" Ajate'a repeated. "I can't believe Yenish sent you!"
The creature nozzled up against Ajate'a. His yellow eyes twinkled. Then in a deep voice, he spoke. "Yenish said you would need someone to keep you out of trouble."
Ajate'a smiled at the Esserelic's words, then looked at the ring imbedded with sparkling green jewels around her finger. The ring was a symbol of the bond between Jetoth and herself. She rememember the day her father had given it to her. He had looked her in the eye and spoke in his soft, but firm voice. "Ajate'a, you have been chosen for a Esserelic." His words had stung Ajate'a like a knife.
"But father! I can't leave you or mother!"
Her father had placed his rough, calloused hand on her shoulder. "But the time has come. You are to care for him until he is old and wise enough to care and teach you. His name is Jetoth. And you must love him as you love me."
Then her father slipped the ring over her finger and it was finished. She no longer belonged to her father.
She no longer missed her father or mother as she once did. She had grown to love Jetoth and Jetoth had grown to love her.
A voice brought Ajate'a out of her thoughts. "Wha- what is that?"
Jetoth snorted and beat his hoof against the dirt. "If you'll pardon me, I should rather not be a that."
The boy stepped back in surprise. "Ex- excuse me...I did not realize- I mean...you, you can talk!"
Ajate'a turned to Jetoth. "Jetoth, this is...uh..."
"Ty- Tyler."
"Jetoth, we need help. There is another in the...'truck', the Drilocs will be back an moment."
Without responding, the Esserelic made his way to the truck at a brisk trot. Ajate'a opened the door, and with Tyler's help lifted Nathan onto the huge creature. Tyler found some rope in the car and strapped Nathan securly to Jetoth.
"Take him somewhere safe. We will meet you when we can."
"Be careful Ajate'a."
Jetoth turned around and swiftly ran down the road. His gracefulness gave him the appearance he was flying.
"I can't believe what's happening," gasped Tyler. "What happens now?"
Ajate'a fixed her eyes down the dirt road. "Now, we must run. Run for our lives!"
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Female Number of posts : 961
Hobbies : Doing what God wants me to
Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://wix.com/clarinoel/clarinoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Rose C. Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:24 pm

yeah I cant wait for the 3rd chapter too! It is the type of storie thet I would not be able to put down untill I was done! study
Crystal Rose C.
Crystal Rose C.

Hobbies : singing! thats like all I do all day! Oh and I ride my bike....oh and I sing too! HAHA!
"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

The whole thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 pm

thanx! Very Happy That chapter took me forever! lol I am a really slow writer! I could sit at the computer for hours and write one sentence! lol....
yeah...I can't wait for the 3rd chapter either! Wink lol I'm kinda at a writer's block right now! lol Smile
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Humor :
Nickname : Fred, Clari, Catch-light Clari, Reeces-Pieces, Kee-kee, Pretty Much Everything Else, Creesa, Punk(don't ask),
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 62:5, 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail G. Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Wow, Clareesa, that was absolutely breathtaking! I can't wait (did I say cannot wait?) for the third chapter!!!!
Abigail G.
Abigail G.

Female Number of posts : 468
Hobbies : E-mail, songwriting, guitar, making cards
Humor : Small sign I saw posted on a street light pole: 'MEET LOCAL SINGLES!!! Easy: stand near others, turn off your cell phone.'
Nickname : Abigaily, Person, Abicus
Favorite Scripture Verse? : Psalm 52:9 "I will thank you forever, for you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly."
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Clareesa Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Very Happy

I thought I'd post the second chapter...or at least as much as I've written! Please give me any comments or sujections!(sp?) bounce

Chapter 2

"Ajate'a, it is the law."
"Then it's a cruel law!" The seventeen-year old girl shot a piercing look at the Jawanga.
Yenish sighed. "There is nothing I can do. When someone opens the gate they are banished forever. You have endangered a world known as 'earth'. Ajate'a, you must believe me, if there was a way I could get you out of this, I would!"
"You're the Jawanga! You make the rules!"
"I can not go against the law!"
"Is there any way? Any way I can ever come back?"
"Well..." Yenish paused. "There is a way, but no one has ever done it."
Ajate'a leaned forward eagerly. "Tell me."
"You have nine days to fix what you have done."
"Fix it? But how?"
"By destroying the drilocs."
"But..but that is impossible! No one can even see a drigoc without being killed!"
"That's why I say there is no way. I am truly sorry."
Ajate'a placed her midnight blue cloak over her shoulders. Her right hand rested on the hilt of Winock, her silver sword. Her wavy, golden brown hair hung in a ponytail just past her shoulders. "Then I am ready."
Yenish's face was pained. He slowly nodded. "May God go with you." The wolf-like creature pulled a cord and a curtain behind him rose. A small black door stood behind it. Nothing held it up. It stood as if floating in air.
Ajate'a walked forward and opened the door. Nothing but blackness could be seen. She stepped through and the door shut behind her. Then the curtian fell to back to the ground with a thud, hiding the door completely from view.

Ajate'a's bare feet touched wet mud. The black door dissolved into the air behind her. A cold rain beat against her face. Around her fields of dead grass stretched as far as she could see. She was on a dirt road. Ajate'a held back tears. Where was she going to go? The girl walked slowly down the road, her eyes scanning the horizon for signs of life.
After an hour of walking she saw something coming down the road. It was like a big box on wheels. She could see people inside. The thing was coming closer and closer. A low rumbling noise came from it.
A dark shadow cast a blackness across the sky. Something crashed into the thing, then flew up out of sight. It happened fast, too fast.
The thing rolled backwards into a ditch. At first, there was no sign of movement.
Ajate'a stood dumbfounded. This was her fault.
Then, the a door swung open and a boy stepped shakily out. He swayed a bit and leaned against the thing.
Ajate'a rushed forward. "Are you okay?"
The boy appeared a little confused. He half nodded. "I...I think so. But Nathan...he's in the truck still."
Ajate'a ran over to the other side of the 'truck'. She found a handle and pulled. The door swung open.
A brown haired boy slumped over the dashboard, unconious. A small trickle of blood ran down his face.
"Is he okay?" The first boy now stood behind Ajate'a.
"I don't know. He's unconscious." Ajata's answer slowly.
"I'll see if I can get the car started..."
"No! the noise will attract the drilocs."
For the first time the boy looked at Ajate'a. His eyes rested on the sword at her side. "Drilocs? Right now Nathan needs a doctor!"
"Do you want to be killed?" Ajate'a stared at the boy. "The drilocs were here once, they'll be here again! We need to hide."
"There's no place to hide around here!"
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Humor :

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Rose C. Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Yup I like it too!
Crystal Rose C.
Crystal Rose C.

"Tom Boy!"
"Coco-lakie"

The whole thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:32 pm

wow! thats really good
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The World Beyond Empty The World Beyond

Post by Clareesa Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey peoples! Very Happy Here's the first chapter in my book, The World Beyond. Tell me what ya think! Oh, and if you see the name Jake or Steven...just pretend it says Nathan! lol I kept changing the main character's name! lol

Chapter 1

A piercing scream broke the sound of splashing rain.

No one stopped. No one listened. No one even cared.

Except Nathan.

Nathan clutched eight-year old Amanda’s hand tighter. He glanced in the direction of the scream. All he saw were buildings. Tall buildings lined up like tomb stones, throwing sinister shadows across the street. Someone is in trouble. Why doesn’t anyone try and help?

Streams of water ran down the street. People shoved, ran, and ducked. Anything to get out of the pounding rain. The scurry of the black raincoats and umbrellas melted into a wave of darkness.

Another scream.

A man with a dark blue raincoat stopped for a moment, then shrugged and continued on his way.

"Nathan? Who’s screaming?"

The sixteen-year old boy looked down at his younger sister. Her blue eyes stared up at him pleadingly.

"I don’t know, Ami."

"Is someone gonna help?"

"Yes, Ami," Nathan said. "Someone is going to help."

Nathan turned back toward the buildings. Yes. Someone was going to do something. Nathan pulled his navy blue coat tighter around him. "Stay right beside me."

"Where are you going? Home is the other way," said Amanda.

Nathan pushed past another raincoat. Why did he feel as though he knew the person screaming? Why did he feel like screaming himself?

"Nathan! Look!"

Nathan looked in the direction Ami was pointing.

Between two apartment buildings, and among piles of littered garbage, a huge shadow moved rapidly along the wall. The shadow shot up into the air and disappeared from sight.

Stomach churning, Nathan inched his way forward. The tall buildings cast shadows that seemed to dance along the wall. "Hello?" Nathan called from the corner of the building. "Is anyone there?"

Silence.

"Hello?"

Again his call was answered only by pounding rain on the gravel street.

Nathan took a step closer, then another.

Ami clung to him, her small fingers shaking trembling.

A moan rose from behind a cardboard box.

"Ami, stay right here," Nathan whispered.

Ami didn’t respond, but stood frozen where she was.

Nathan crept forward, stopping after every step to listen. A foul smell hung in the air. Something moved under a bag of garbage, a rat probably. Nathan slowly pushed the cardboard box aside with his foot.

He froze. The blooded rush from his face. Nathan saw the tangled image of a boy—a boy he knew. "Amanda, we need to leave!"

Nathan grabbed Ami’s hand and ran back out into the busy street. He didn’t know where he was going; only that he had to get out of there.

Nathan stumbled over a man’s foot. He let go of Ami’s hand and regained his balance.

"Careful, boy," the man growled.

Nathan mumbled a quick apology, then continued running. His feet splashed though puddles of water.

"Watch out!" a voice cried out. The call came just in time.

Nathan stopped. A speeding car honked and raced by, splashing muddy water in his face.

"Buddy, you should be watchin’ where you’re going." Someone in a dark green rain coat walked up. "What’s your hurry?" The figure threw back his hood. Revealing a boy probably a little older than Nathan with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes.

Nathan felt the urge to blurt out what he had seen and felt, but hesitated. His heart still pounded under his jacket. "I…you wouldn’t understand."

The boy shrugged, but his face showed disappointment. Then giving a small smile, he walked away.

Nathan sucked in a breath of air then looked both ways before crossing the busy street. Before stepping off the curb, he stopped and looked wildly around. "Ami!"

How had he lost her? She had been right beside him until- until he’d tripped! He rushed back across the street and searched through the mob of people, hoping to catch a glimpse of his curly haired sister. "Amanda!" His voice drowned into the noise of the driving rain and speeding cars.

A familiar dark shadow swept across the sky. No! Nathan thought. This can’t be happening!

"Amandaaa!" he called again.

"Need help?"

Nathan jumped and turned around. The boy in the green raincoat stood there.

"Yes!" Nathan almost yelled. Something inside him said that this boy could be trusted. "That girl who was with me, have you seen her?!"

"No…"

"Help me find her. Please!"

Another shadow flew overhead.

Nathan groaned. "We need to hurry. You look over that way and meet me back right here."

The boy jogged off, calling Amanda’s name.

Nathan glanced toward the direction of the buildings he had just left. A chill ran down his spine.

He knew he had to prevent what was about to happen. What was about to happen to him. How he knew, he couldn’t say. Was looking for Ami the right thing to do right now? Or should he be running?

God help me!

Nathan bit back the thought. What was asking God to help him going to do? God had never helped him before. Why should he expect him to start now?

For the next ten minutes Nathan called out Amanda’s name. His clothes and hair were soaked.

He leaned wearily against the door of a noisy diner. He had to collect his thoughts. He glanced inside the diner. Suddenly people were everywhere, swarming the diner. Police officers shoved their way through. Where had everyone come from? What was happening?

Nathan edged his way forward. He saw a lady sitting on a chair talking to a cop. Tears fell from her eyes shook violently. On the floor in front of her a gruesome sight could be seen. The victim was a young boy, probably only six or seven.

Nathan felt sick. He looked around and noticed a dark shadow- one he had seen before. In the next second its was gone.

Then, everything else was gone. The people, the cops, the body; everything disappeared just as fast as it had appeared.

Then a loud screech split across the sky. Nathan saw the shadow shoot through the diner. It passed so quickly, only a few people noticed. And they didn’t appear to care. Suddenly a child screamed.

It was happening. What he had seen was happening! He was seeing the future again! Nathan saw the place fill with people once again, the same officers, the same women and the same boy. He had already seen it all. He had seen it before it happened.

Nathan’s mind spun with all he has seen.

"What’s going on?"

It was the boy in the green coat.

"Did you find Amanda?!"

"No, it’s almost impossible with all these people around. And I don’t really know what she looks like. Hey, you don’t look very good. Are you ok?"

"Not really. I need to find Amanda and I need to get out of here!"

Another screech.

"They’re after me! I need to get out of here…I…I have to find a phone!"

The boy handed a cell phone to Nathan. While Nathan dialed he looked up at the sky. "What is the noise?! It sounds like someone’s dying!"

Nathan's stomach churned. Then he spoke into the phone. "Mom, Amanda’s missing. I’m on King Street." Then he hung up.

Nathan gave the phone back to the boy. "I need a ride."

"To where?"

"Anywhere far away from here! Please! They’re after me!"

"What do you mean they?"

"I don’t have time to explain!"

The boy hesitanted.

"I’ll pay you!"

At this the boy agreed.

Once they were in the boy’s blue Toyota, hes said, "If this is gonna be a long drive we should get to know each other a little. I'm Tyler, Tyler Lakerson."

Nathan took a deep breath. "I'm Nathan."

"Ok, now can you tell me who they are and what the danger is?" asked Tyler.

"I saw…I saw the future."

"What?!"

"I don’t know how. But I saw it. And I know it was the future."

The rain turned to hail, Tyler turned on the windshield wipers. "So, what exactly did you see?"

Nathan shut his eyes, remembering the horrid sight. "I heard screaming. I…I felt like it was coming from me. I had this strange feeling. Then I saw…me."

"You saw yourself?"

"It doesn’t make sense, but yet it does. Some creature out there…I heard it, I saw its shadow. It killed me…in the future, I mean. I could feel the pain, but yet I couldn’t. I know it was the future, and I think…I think by running from that spot, I kept it from happening."

"Is this the first time you've...'seen the future'?"

"About a week ago, I saw Amanda cut herself. I thought I was imagining it. Then, today, I saw myself be killed. And it happened again just a couple minutes ago. When I saw these creatures kill someone."

"You're really confu-"

Tyler's reply was broken off as a dark shadow flew over the truck. Nathan cried out. Something smashed into the windshield.

Then everything went black.
Clareesa
Clareesa
Admin

Humor :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down